Netherlands vs Argentina – FIFA World Cup 2022 Quarterfinal [Updated 2023]

Netherlands vs Argentina – FIFA World Cup 2022 Quarterfinal

The World Cup 2022 match between the Netherlands and Argentina promises to be a highly anticipated event, as both teams have a strong history in the tournament and boast some of the world’s top players.

The Netherlands and Argentina are set to face off in the quarterfinal of the 2022 World Cup in a highly anticipated match. Both teams have been successful in their previous matches, with the Netherlands securing victories against Chile, Australia, and France, while Argentina has defeated Croatia, Mexico, and Portugal.

The Netherlands, who have reached the World Cup final three times, will be led by captain Virgil van Dijk, who is considered one of the best defenders in the world. They also have a strong attacking force, with players like Memphis Depay and Frenkie de Jong known for their creativity and goal-scoring abilities.

The Netherlands has been a dominant force in the World Cup, consistently making it to the knockout rounds and even winning the tournament in 2010. The team is known for its strong defense and efficient attacking, with players such as Virgil van Dijk and Memphis Depay leading the charge.

Argentina, on the other hand, will be looking to bounce back after a disappointing performance in the 2018 World Cup. They will be led by captain Lionel Messi, who is considered one of the greatest players of all time. They also have a talented squad, including Sergio Aguero and Paulo Dybala, who are known for their speed and skill on the ball.

Argentina has had a rocky road to the quarterfinals. Despite having world-class players such as Lionel Messi and Sergio Aguero, the team has struggled to find consistency in their performances. However, they have shown flashes of brilliance in their victories and will be a formidable opponent for the Netherlands.

The match is sure to be a closely contested one, with both teams eager to prove themselves on the international stage. The Netherlands will look to utilize their strong defense and quick counter-attacking abilities, while Argentina will rely on their individual talent and creative playmaking.

One key area to watch in this match will be the midfield battle. The Netherlands have a strong and disciplined midfield, with players such as Frenkie de Jong and Marten de Roon providing excellent defensive coverage. Argentina, meanwhile, has a more attacking-minded midfield with players such as Leandro Paredes and Nicolas Otamendi capable of creating chances for their forwards.

Another area of interest will be the battle between the Netherlands’ defense and Argentina’s attack. The Netherlands have one of the best defenses in the tournament, with van Dijk and Matthijs de Ligt forming a formidable partnership at the heart of the defense. However, Argentina has the attacking talent of Messi and Aguero, who have the ability to unlock any defense.

In terms of team news, the Netherlands will likely line up in their usual 4-3-3 formation, with van Dijk and de Ligt at the back, de Jong and de Roon in midfield, and Depay, Dusan Tadic, and Ryan Babel leading the attack. Argentina is expected to line up in a 4-2-3-1 formation, with Otamendi and Nicolas Tagliafico at the back, Paredes and Rodrigo de Paul in midfield, and Messi, Aguero, and Angel Di Maria leading the attack.

The match is set to be a tightly contested encounter, with both teams looking to secure their place in the semifinals. The Netherlands will look to continue their dominant performances and utilize their strong defense to shut down Argentina’s attack. Argentina, meanwhile, will look to utilize the attacking talents of Messi and Aguero to break down the Netherlands’ defense and secure a victory.

Overall, this match is a must-watch for fans of international football, as it features two teams with rich histories and talented players. The Netherlands and Argentina will no doubt put on a thrilling show and compete for a spot in the later stages of the tournament.

Q: Who will win Argentina vs Netherlands?

A: It is impossible to predict the outcome of a future match but we can see previous record. The chance of Argentina winning is 44.2%. according to  our supercomputer prediction, The probability of the Netherlands winning are 27.1%, while the chances of a draw are 28.7%.


The Netherlands vs Argentina quarterfinal match is set to be an exciting and closely contested encounter. Both teams have shown their quality in previous matches and will be determined to secure their place in the semifinals. It promises to be a thrilling match that will captivate audiences around the world.


With the help of Sports Live you can watch 2nd Quarterfinal Netherlands vs Argentina – FIFA World Cup 2022.

Download App and enjoy the trending live sports streams.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *