The International League T20 (ILT20) is a professional Twenty20 cricket league featuring teams from around the world. It was founded in 2020 with the goal of bringing together the best cricket players from different countries and providing an exciting and competitive platform for them to showcase their skills.
Here is a comprehensive guide to the ILT20, including information on its history, teams, format, and more:
History of the International League T20
- The ILT20 was founded in 2020 as a way to bring together the best cricket players from around the world and create a global platform for them to compete on.
- The league was created by a group of cricket enthusiasts who saw the growing popularity of Twenty20 cricket and wanted to provide a professional league that could compete with other major sports leagues around the world.
- The first season of the ILT20 took place in 2021, with 8 teams from different countries participating. The league has since grown to include 12 teams and is planning to expand even further in the coming years.
Teams in the International League T20
- The ILT20 currently features 12 teams from different countries, including:
- Australia: Sydney Sixers
- Bangladesh: Dhaka Dynamites
- England: Birmingham Bears
- India: Mumbai Indians
- New Zealand: Wellington Firebirds
- Pakistan: Lahore Qalandars
- South Africa: Cape Town Blitz
- Sri Lanka: Colombo Kings
- West Indies: Barbados Tridents
- United Arab Emirates: Abu Dhabi Knight Riders
- United States: New York Knicks
- Zimbabwe: Harare Hawks
Format of the International League T20
- The ILT20 follows a traditional Twenty20 format, with each team playing a total of 14 matches in the league stage.
- The top 4 teams at the end of the league stage advance to the playoffs, where they compete in a knockout format to determine the overall champion.
- The playoffs consist of two semi-final matches, with the winners advancing to the final to determine the champion.
Rules of the International League T20
- The ILT20 follows standard Twenty20 cricket rules, with a few additional regulations specific to the league:
- Each team is allowed to have a maximum of 4 overseas players in their playing XI.
- A coin toss determines which team gets to bat first.
- Each team is allowed a maximum of 20 overs (120 balls) to score as many runs as possible.
- The fielding team is allowed to make up to five substitutions during the match.
- The team with the most runs at the end of the match is declared the winner. In the event of a tie, the team with the higher net run rate is declared the winner.
Prizes in the International League T20
- The ILT20 offers a variety of prizes for teams and players, including:
- The overall champion team receives a cash prize and the ILT20 trophy.
- The player with the most runs in the league stage is awarded the Orange Cap.
- The player with the most wickets in the league stage is awarded the Purple Cap.
- The player with the highest individual score in a single match is awarded the Man of the Match award.
- The player with the highest strike rate in the league stage is awarded the Strike Rate Award.
- The player with the most fours in the league stage is awarded the Four-Hit Award.
- The player with the most sixes in the league stage is awarded the Six-Hit Award.
With the help of Sportslive.to you can watch Live BBL: Big Bash League Streaming Android Apps.
Download SportsLive.to App and enjoy the trending live sports streams.