Brisbane Heat Team: A Comprehensive Guide
Players and History of the Heat
- The Brisbane Heat is a professional cricket team based in Brisbane, Australia.
- The team was founded in 2011 as part of the Big Bash League, a Twenty20 cricket league in Australia.
- The Heat have had a mixed history in the Big Bash League, making it to the semi-finals in their inaugural season but struggling in the following years.
- In the 2020-2021 season, the Heat finished in fifth place in the league.
Meet the Players
- Chris Lynn: Lynn is a right-handed batsman and occasional right-arm off break bowler. He has been with the Heat since the team’s inception and is considered one of the team’s key players.
- Joe Burns: Burns is a right-handed batsman and right-arm off break bowler. He has represented Australia in Test cricket and has been a member of the Heat since 2013.
- Marnus Labuschagne: Labuschagne is a right-handed batsman and right-arm leg break bowler. He made his debut for the Heat in the 2020-2021 season and quickly became one of the team’s top performers.
- Ben Laughlin: Laughlin is a right-arm fast-medium bowler. He has played for the Heat since the team’s inception and is known for his consistent performance on the pitch.
- Jimmy Peirson: Peirson is a right-handed batsman and wicketkeeper. He has been with the Heat since 2014 and is considered one of the team’s most reliable players.
Past and Present Coaches
- Darren Lehmann: Lehmann was the head coach of the Heat from 2011 to 2013. He is a former Australian cricketer and has also coached the national team.
- Stuart Law: Law took over as head coach of the Heat in 2014 and led the team to the semi-finals in his first season. He left the team in 2017 to coach the Bangladesh national team.
- Dan Vettori: Vettori became head coach of the Heat in 2018 and has remained in the position since. He is a former New Zealand cricketer and has also served as coach of the national team.
Key Moments in Heat History
- Inaugural season (2011-2012): The Heat made it to the semi-finals in their first season, losing to the Perth Scorchers. Chris Lynn was named player of the tournament for his performances with the bat.
- Final appearance (2012-2013): The Heat made it to the final of the Big Bash League in the 2012-2013 season, but were defeated by the Perth Scorchers.
- BBL|06 champions (2016-2017): The Heat won their first Big Bash League title in the 2016-2017 season, defeating the Sydney Sixers in the final. Chris Lynn was named player of the match for his match-winning knock of 62 runs.
- BBL|10 final (2019-2020): The Heat made it to the final of the Big Bash League in the 2019-2020 season, but were defeated by the Sydney Sixers.
- The Brisbane Heat is known for its commitment to giving back to the community.
- The team has a number of initiatives in place to support local charities and community organizations, including the Heat Community Fund and the Heat Community Foundation.
- The Heat also hosts a number of community events, such as cricket clinics and school visits, to encourage participation in the sport.
- In addition, the team works closely with the Queensland